Yes, some of you remember the first blog post I did, a year an a half ago right after I moved to Toronto. While my move there got interrupted earlier this year and I had to come back “prematurely” to Amman. It hasn’t been a picture perfect life for most of the past 6 months.
Yet to my surprise -before yours, I am experiencing it again; the “brand new eyes” phenomenon. And since I am actually experiencing it this time in good old Amman, I think I owe you an explanation. I owe my self one at least!
The symptoms of this phenomenon are comprised for the following:
1. Waking up feeling good and hopeful of the good things that might happen today
2. A fresh smiley face while driving in the streets of Amman.
3. Having not only an interest in almost anything but being an active observer of everything and everyone.
4. All in all; a high feeling on life without attributing it to alcohol, drugs or being in love.
5. and finally, high adrenaline flow (ok coffee does make it abnormal sometimes!)
The causes of this phenomenon however are the following:
1. Resigning from a miserable job after 2.5 years spent thinking of resigning
2. Working on something that is extremely exciting, within my expertise and with a high challenging learning curve.
3. having very supportive & lovely group of friends and acquaintances
4. having a personal lovely space without the need to move out
5. and yes, loosing weight for the first time in 10 years!!!
Being a phenomenon, that comes and goes I thought it needed the proper analysis and celebration before life comes again with its surprises and disappointments! But if that can be done in good old amman, then I don’t know what’s impossible anymore!!